Sunday, January 6, 2013

Creating......

Sometimes I have so may ideas running through my head hat it's hard to get them all made.  Right now I'm working on a new hat pattern, there has been a lot of ripping out and redoing as I'm making it a little different than I ever have before.  It's a slouchy hat that I'm making as a tube from top to bottom and then going back and sewing the top closed.  So it's taking some more work than just working a regular hat in the round.  I tried it first from bottom to top but I didn't like how the band felt around my head with the chainless foundation row as the bottom row.  So I'm flipping it around the other way and we'll try it like that :)  I'm hoping to get a couple of free patterns up soon.  I have so many ideas running through my head.  I wish I could just sit for a whole week and crochet.  I've ordered a skip stitch blade.  I sure wish I had known about them when I was making the blanket for my nephew last christmas.  I made him an awesome blanket that was crochet on one side and fleece on the other and I went through and poke a hole in each spot with scissors.  It was a headache and I swore I would never do it again.  Now I can do more blankets like that though without stabbing myself 50 million times.  I'm super excited!!  That will probably be one of the free patterns coming up once the blade gets here and I can get a couple different sizes made and patterns written up.  Fun, fun, fun!!  Lots of pictures coming soon!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment