Thursday, January 3, 2013

Dear Daughters

To My Girls,                                                                                                       Jan. 3rd, 2013

You are 6 and 5 right now and I want so badly for you to always stay this age.  You are both so in love with Barbie and the Furbies you just got for Christmas.  Clothes, sparkles and make-up.  Oh to be so innocent and see everything in life with such wonder.  Right now you are eating dinner, it's a short order cook night as I am in desperate need of a grocery store trip.  Hot dogs and pizza rolls were the requests and I am happy to oblige.  Kale, you go back to school on Tuesday, 5 days from now.  Today that feels like an eternity and on Tuesday I will be so sad to see you go back.  I am ready for a "normal" day again but will miss the laughter of you and Dee playing together.  She will miss you too.  I am so thankful that you are such good friends.  You don't know it now but you will treasure each other someday.  I can't imagine what life would be like without a sister.  Mine are my best friends.  But you know that.  There are so many things I wish I could tell you.  So many hurts I have felt that I wish I could spare you from.  But I know you have to learn a lot of those same lessons on your own.  This has become very random so I am going to go and have some dinner.  Love you more than most.

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment